1. "Smoking kills. If you're killed, you've lost a very important part of
-Brooke Shields, said to demonstrate why she should become spokesperson for a federal antismoking campaign
2. "I've never had major knee surgery on any other part of my body."
-Winston Bennett, University of Kentucky basketball forward
3. "I support efforts to limit
the terms of members of Congress, especially
members of the House and members of the
-Vice-President Dan Quayle
4. "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime
rates in the country."
-Mayor Marion Barry, Washington, D.C.
5. "Are you any relation to your brother Marv?"
-Leon Wood, New Jersey Nets guard, to Steve Albert, Nets TV commentator
6. "That lowdown scoundrel deserves to be kicked to death by a
I'm just the one to do it."
-A congressional candidate in Texas
7. MEMBERS AND NON-MEMBERS ONLY
sign outside Mexico City's Mandinga Disco in the Hotel Emporio
8. Wish -- To end all the killing in the world
Hobbies -- Hunting and fishing
-From personal statistics of California Angel Bryan Harvey, flashed on the scoreboard at Anaheim Stadium
9. "The streets are safe in Philadelphia, it's only the people who
-Frank Rizzo, ex-police chief and mayor of Philadelphia
10. "After finding no qualified candidates for the position of principal,
the school department is extremely pleased to announce the
of David Steele to the post."
-Philip Streifer, superintendent of schools, Barrington Rhode Island
Contributed by: David Olson